An intensive English language course for intermediate learners. Take your English to the next level!
You want to be fluent in English.
You want to be able to speak without having to think about what grammar structure to use, what words to use, what tense to use.
You want to have natural conversations with people. You want to make friends in other countries, study in English or improve your career prospects.
You want to take your English to the next level.
Here are some problems you may currently be facing:
- Your don’t have a great understanding of English grammar. Some of it is confusing. You’re often unsure which tense to use, how to use conditional sentences correctly, or how to construct sentences so that they sound natural.
- You’re not always sure how to talk about the present, the past and the future. You know there are different tenses in English but you’re not always sure which one to use.
- You know a lot of English words but you’re not always sure how to use them in practice. You may also struggle to memorise new words or to remember them when you want to use them in a conversation.
- Speaking is not easy. Your conversations don’t flow, and you may not have the vocabulary to construct logical and naturally-sounding sentences.
Does that sound familiar?
Let me tell you something. You’re not the only one who’s facing these challenges! They’re a normal part of the language learning process. And guess what? You can overcome them!
You can really take your English language skills to the next level.
You can be confident. You can be fluent. You can speak, read and listen to English without having to worry about making mistakes.
You can finally start talking about your interests, about what you do and what you think, about your last holidays or your future plans. You can finally start making friends from other countries. You can travel or apply for your dream job that requires a good command of English.
I want to show you how to do that as part of this intensive English language course for intermediate learners.
Agnieszka Murdoch, Your English Tutor
What exactly is this Intermadiate English course?
This course is an intensive 10-module online English language course during which I’m going to show you the exact steps I took to get to fluency in English. They’re the exact same steps I’ve also been teaching to my students to help them take their English to the next level. The course is self-paced, which means you can start and finish it whenever you like.
What will you learn?
By the end of the Intermediate English course, you will know how to:
- Make your conversations flow when you speak English. You will learn words and phrases that will help you construct natural and logical sentences in English. Your written English will also become flawless.
- Talk about the present, the past and the future. You will learn how to use English tenses correctly to tell your international friends about what you do, where you went on your last holiday and what your future plans and ambitions are.
- Exchange ideas with other people, construct arguments, debate and negotiate. You will finally be able to debate the merits of your favourite football team or negotiate a new contract at work.
- Sound natural when speaking and writing in English. You will learn how to use phrasal verbs, interjections and fillers. You will finally know how to have natural and meaningful conversations.
- Understand spoken English. You will have a chance to practise your listening skills and learn techniques that will improve your listening comprehension.
- Learn English effectively. I will share with you my favourite tips and strategies for learning languages effectively. They're the exact steps I took to get to fluency in English, which allowed me to make a number of international friends, study and work in the UK, and become a certified teacher of English as a foreign language.
How does this Intermediate English course work?
This Intermediate English course is not about learning theory. It’s about learning some very practical skills that you will be able to use in real-life situations.
The aim of the course is not to teach you what the past tense is. It’s to help you understand how you can use the past tense when talking about your last holidays.
The aim is not to teach you how to memorise lots of English words. It’s to help you learn vocabulary so that you can use it in a conversation straight away.
This Intermediate English course is extremely practical. To make sure you’re really learning and making progress, the course includes:
- Action points at the end of each chapter to help you put your knowledge into practice straight away
- ‘Challenges’ that you can participate in to increase accountability and make sure you stay motivated and that you're making progress quickly
- Video lectures during which you will get your questions answered
- Feedback from me - your teacher - on your written work
What’s included in this Intermediate English course?
The course is divided into 10 modules that you can complete at your own pace. Each module includes:
- Tons of examples of sentences
- Practical exercises and quizzes
- Listening practice
- Downloadable resources
- Planners, worksheets and more!
In addition to the course content, you will be able to:
- Participate in ‘challenges’ that will keep you motivated and make you accountable to increase your progress
- Receive tailored feedback on your written work
- Make the most of discounted rates on 1-1 speaking sessions with myself and another native English coach
How do I know the course will work for me?
This Intermediate English course is a product of years of experience that I have of learning English and other languages.
I am now fully bilingual but this was not always the case. I taught myself English and got to fluency by using a system that allowed me to learn effectively and put my knowledge of the English language into practice.
I’m also a certified teacher of English as a foreign language. I hold the Cambridge CELTA qualification and I have experience of teaching and coaching language students who were facing the same challenges you may be facing right now.
I have seen my students make excellent progress with their English by following the step-by-step approach that I’ve included in this Intermediate English course.
What level of English should I have to sign up for this course?
This course is for learners who are at the intermediate to upper-intermediate level. This is equivalent to the B1-B2 levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Check out this Wikipedia article which explains what these levels mean in practice.
If your level of English is currently lower or higher than B1-B2, do get in touch and let me know you'd like to sign up for a different course. You can contact me through my contact page.
Is speaking practice included in the course?
Speaking is an essential element of developing proficiency in English. While this course contains a range of resources and practical advice on improving your English language skills, you will need to arrange your speaking sessions separately - either with your own conversation partner or through the 5-Minute Language school.
All students signed up for this course will have access to discounted rates on 1-1 speaking sessions with myself and another native English language coach. These need to be purchased separately and information on how to do that will be provided to all students.
Hi there! I'm Agnieszka Murdoch, language coach and founder of 5-Minute Language. I can speak English, French, Spanish, Polish and German, and I'm currently learning my favourite language so far - Japanese.
My mission is to to help and motivate language learners worldwide so that every person in the world has a chance to learn a foreign language.